Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekend Report: Summer's Final Curtain Call


Summer's about to take her final bow soon, but not quite yet... at least not around these parts.  That's why I'm going to take full advantage of her slow departure this weekend and squeeze in one more short-sleeved, toe revealing ensemble before the ol' switcheroo.  


For my makeup, I'm going to have a little fun with my eyes this weekend.  In addition to a primer, I'll be using one of Revlon's cream shadow palettes, Electric Pop, as a base.



I'll be recruiting the two blues and the chartreuse to boost the color of the shadows I'll be wearing.


And the palette I've chosen to rock this weekend is none other than Stila's Countless Color Pigment in Light Show, which I reviewed here.


In addition to Arena as my brow highlight, my eye should end up looking like this and I must say that Light Show was so much fun to use and play with.  Since Stila recommends applying the shadows with your fingers, you literally end up finger painting the colors on your lid!  Fun!  I applied the colors straight across the eye, starting with the green-yellow in the inner corner, the lighter blue in the middle of the lid and ended with the dark teal.  I repeated the pattern on the lower lid as well.




To finish my face, I'll be wearing Format blush by MAC and lacquer my lips with one of my favorite nude combos: MAC's Hug Me lipstick and C-Thru Lipglass.


Oh, and what shall I be wearing, you ask?  Well, I'm going slide in one more chance to show off the gams and wear a navy blue dress with a striped bodice and drawstring waist.  I think I'll keep the adventurous streak going by possibly pairing it with a straw hat.


And, yes, my toes will make one last appearance before the change in weather in a pair of caramel-tan leather wedges.

So that's my full report for this weekend!  The weather is going to be absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to frolic and play!  Well, I probably won't be frolicking, but I am going to enjoy myself nonetheless.  I've got to get out and enjoy the sun while it's still at its strongest and bid a final, heartfelt adieu to what was for me a fabulous summer...

2 comments:

  1. that stila eyeshadow looks very interesting, i don't think i've ever seen anything like it...*gone to read your last post* lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I really think you should check it out in person if you can. It really surprised me how pigmented they are... At least the one I got. I do plan on getting another; they're pretty fun/cool to work with.

    ReplyDelete