Friday, May 17, 2013

Weekend Report: Neutral With A Side Of Blue


Hey, guys!  Another Friday has arrived - the gateway to another glorious weekend - and I am so ready for it.  Do you guys have anything planned?  I was hoping to go to the movies and possibly see Iron Man 3 or Star Trek, but we'll see.  I know one thing: this is definitely going to be a T-shirt and jeans type of weekend.  Guess I'll get a little dolled up, too.  Nothing much, you know.  Throw a little color on a neutral eye and call it a day.


To start my eye look off, first I'll be applying Groundwork Paint Pot.   This primer/eyeshadow base is part of MAC's permanent lineup of products.


Groundwork is grayish taupe in color and has a slight sheen/shimmer to it. 


On my lid will be an eyeshadow from Rock and Republic called Sabotage.  Unfortunately, the company that is famous for their high-end denim jeans pulled out of the makeup game a while ago, much to the dismay of many who fell in love with their highly pigmented powder products and beautifully monogrammed packaging.



Sabotage is a wheat colored eyeshadow with a pearl finish.


In my crease will be a brown from Maybelline's quad called Stylish Smokes.


I'll be recruiting the dark, ash brown in the bottom right corner.  This plus the copper brown above it are the most pigmented out the quad.  They perform as well as boutique shadows.  Can't say the same for the other two shades on the left.


I chose Inglot's 340 eyeshadow to go in my outer "v" to inject some color into my look. 


Those who've read my Into the Deep Green-Blue post already know how I feel about it.  It is an absolutely gorgeous dark teal that is potently pigmented and has a matte finish.


And in my waterline will be Milani's Liquif'Eye eyeliner in Aqua.  Milani is a brand found in many drugstores as well as Target and Walmart.



Aqua is a bright, metallic turquoise and it is stunning.  It is creamy, goes on smoothly and did not budge on me at all.



With the addition of mascara, my eye will end up looking like this.


On my cheeks will be Format blush from MAC.  I absolutely adore this blush; it is officially my go-to for everyday!


What I love about this is the color; it is a toasty, warm brown that could actually read and act like a bronzer on some.  But it's a pigmented blush with a slight frost that gives just enough color and warmth to my face without overwhelming it.  Loves it!


And upon my lips I will put Coffee Bean, a lipstick from Revlon's Super Lustrous line.



Coffee Bean is a peach infused toffee color with a pearl finish.  It feels very moisturizing on and gives opaque coverage in every swipe.


In the end, I should look something like this (smile included).


For my gear, like I said - T-shirt and jeans.  I'll be rocking a white cotton tank, skinny jeans with an oatmeal knit cardigan and donning zebra print, pony-haired flats adorned with bows on the toes.   Simple.

So I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, including myself.  I heard rumblings of pending rain over here in these parts (Ugh!) but I'm going to try to keep that from affecting my mood.  And activities.

Oh, well.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment