Friday, September 13, 2013

A Denim-Free Weekend


I am not ashamed to say (and may have even said it before) that on the weekends I usually throw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt and call it a day.  Yes, sometimes I glam it up... but most times it's just easier (and more fuss-free) to rock the go-go.  Indigo, that is.  But not this weekend!  This weekend I'm going to shake off the doldrums of wardrobe monotony and go denim-free.  Woo-hoo!  Woo...! *sigh*  Alrighty then.


My outfit of choice will still be casual, but cute.  I'll be rocking an easy-breezy, sleeveless top with a khaki cargo skirt.


The top is embellished with olive/khaki colored stitching down the front and around the collar.


And rounding out the ensemble is a pair of side-buckled, cork-soled, leather sandals in an awesome shade of pewter...


as well as an oversized, drawstring hobo in cream leather.


For my face, I plan on keeping it simple... but fun.  No two-hour makeup extravaganza for me; this weekend I'm doin' "quick and easy".   But fun.


To kick start the party, I plan on employing the beautiful shadows offered in Wet 'n' Wild's Comfort Zone. 


The three super-soft shadows on the left-hand side will go on my lid as the palette instructs.


And I'll be using the light, mossy green on the right-hand side of the palette for the lower inner corner of my eye.


To line my eye, I will be using L'oreal HIP's Chrome eyeliner in Green Flash (a metallic olive) for the lower middle lashline and CARGO's Eye Pencil in Khaki to darken the outer portion.

Comfort Zone (L-R, first four swatches), L'Oreal Hip's Green Flash, CARGO's Khaki

With the addition of MAC's Arena as my brow highlight, Maybelline's Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil and L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes on my "peeper sweepers", my eye should end up looking like this.



I think on my lips I may apply Revlon's Peach Me, but I'm not positive.  Either way, I'm going to keep the "quick and easy" theme going here.  Fifteen minutes is all I care to spare fussing over my face this weekend and these picks fit the bill.  However, I've got some goodies coming that have inspired me to get back to being more creative and adventurous with my looks, especially now that fall is approaching.  Yep, I've got some ideas a brewing.  You just wait and see.

In the meantime, what's everyone doing this weekend?  I have no big plans... just some errands to do and doodads to pick up.  No biggie.  But plans or not, I'm going to milk every ounce of "me time" this weekend affords me.  And I hope with all sincerity that you're able to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment