Monday, May 20, 2013

My Favorite Nude Lip


I love wearing a nude lip and when it comes to the perfect one-two combo, I have definitely found mine.  I discovered both rather early in my makeup journey.  In fact, these two lippies were among the first non-drugstore cosmetic items I ever bought!  Both are permanent items from MAC, however, they never seem to register on anyone's radar and hardly get any mention individually or as a complementary pair.  Nevertheless, they are the perfect coupling for a rich, naked pout.  I am talking about Hug Me lipstick and C-Thru Lipglass.




With a name like "Hug Me" you would think it would get its proper share of love and attention.  But, alas, it always seems to get overshadowed by MAC's more popular shades like Siss and Velvet Teddy.  And while finding the right hue of nude is a personal choice based on skin tone, I have to say that this lipstick is absolutely gorgeous in my book and is - hands down - my favorite nude lipstick.


Hug Me is a pink, flesh toned nude and is considered a "Lustre", which means it has a nice sheen to it upon application.   It feels moisturizing going on the lips, has MAC's signature vanilla scent and is fully pigmented.  I do find that the lipstick does fade a little on me if worn alone, but conversely stays put when wearing a liner and/or lip gloss on top.  I. HEART. THIS. LIPPY!


MAC's Tinted Lipglass in C-Thru is an oldie, but goodie.  Much like Hug Me, it has been around for a while, but doesn't get half the shine or notice I think it deserves.




C-Thru is a peachy, milky nude with golden shimmer.  It is equipped with a doe foot applicator, contains MAC's signature vanilla scent and is semi-opaque.  The formula, like most of MAC's Lipglasses, is slightly tacky.  It has no discernible taste.


So there you have it: my favorite nude lip combo!  C-Thru would look good on top a host of lipsticks ranging from nudes to pinks to browns.  It's very pretty, however, it may bring on a case of déjà vu for some since the shade is not terribly unique.  But if you are still on the hunt for a great nude lipstick that doesn't wash you out or make you look like an escapee from the set of The Walking Dead then you may want to check out the fleshy goodness of Hug Me.  It's ab fab! 

MAC Hug Me and C-Thru are available online as well as at Macy's and Nordstrom, and retail for $15 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment