Friday, May 9, 2014

Pack It Up, Pack It In...


Well, I'm hitting the road, guys.  Yep, I'm doing a semi-move and visiting with family before my actual, factual move that's quickly approaching.  Yes, I will be moving again... and we all know how much I just loooove moving (enter sarcasm HERE).  Anywho, I'm packing up all my stuff and doing the whole shebang again.  And as far as transporting my precious cosmetic cargo goes, I've pretty much got my routine down pat.


For my loose MAC shadows and handful of Wet 'n' Wild shadows/palettes, I have my trusty Donna Karan cosmetic bag to pack them into.  The bag - with its large, dual compartments and interior, elastic pockets - is perfectly suited in size to keep them all organized and safe during travel.


If you've read my makeup organization post then this one should look familiar to you.  Not only do I use this converted, Bluetooth earpiece case to house my NARS and mega MAC blushes, but it's also a convenient carrier as well since it comes with a lid!


And I think just about everyone has some variation of the "multiple drawer" storage unit and I'm no exception.  I bought this one years ago from Target and it has served me well ever since.  So convenient, I never have to remove the items and re-pack when traveling; I just pick the whole thing up and go.  Now, how handy is that?  Pretty handy, I'd say...


Here's another blast from my organization post.  But just in case you didn't get the memo, iPhone/iPod boxes make awesome cases for makeup, especially space guzzling items like large bronzers and other face products.  The boxes have a sponge/foam insert in the top lid and they're extremely sturdy, which is an absolutely perfect combo for transport!  You won't be able to fit many items in the box (depending on their size), but whatever does make it in will make it to the destination pristine and intact!  Gotta love that!


I also like to pack a lot of my smaller containers into a large shopper or tote so I can stay abreast of everything and keep travel as simple as possible.

So, that's what I've been up to for the past few days (feels like years!).  I've been so busy with moving and trying to get things in order that I've really had little time for anything else.  Oh, and I very inconveniently hurt my hand during all this; yes, my fingers look like overstuffed linked sausages... Oy!  But I'm on the mend.  Slowly, but surely getting back to original form.  Very slowly...

Ahh, the joys of moving... (enter extreme sarcasm HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment