Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hair Love: Fiendin' For Phyto, Part Deux


Okay, I had to do it.  If you read my first Phyto post then you know that I instantly fell in love with their Intense Hydrating Shampoo.  So, with that being said, I simply could not wait any longer and had to buy the full-size version AND try out their Phytojoba conditioner, too.  I just had to.  Curiosity, you know.



It feels so good to have Phytojoba shampoo back in my life again.  Its pleasant smell of coconuts was truly missed and I can't wait to put this into heavy rotation so I can give my final judgement on this baby.  The sample had me singing its praises, but will it continue to do so?  Time will only tell.


I will say that I was a little taken aback that the bottle has a screw on/off lid instead of being equipped with some type of dispenser built into the cap to better control the flow of the product since it has a very thin, milk-like consistency that could easily be mishandled during use.  So I will have to be on my P's and Q's, and stay mindful of this so as to not pour half the bottle down the drain by accident. 


And since the Phytojoba poo worked out so well for me, it was only natural that I would bite the bullet and take the companion conditioner for a spin.  Actually, it is a hair mask - Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Mask.



Phytojoba's Hair Mask comes in a hard plastic jar with a screw top lid and foiled seal to help keep the product contained as well as preserve its integrity.  This hair treatment recruits the benefits of jojoba oil as well as other natural ingredients to help promote shine while encouraging softness and moisture in parched tresses.



The mask itself is like a white, creamy custard.  It is thick and has a light lemon-y smell.  If you have an aversion to smells and certain scents, you may want to do a sniff test before buying.  I, on the other hand, have no problem with the fragrance at all and found it to be pleasant and not overwhelming.

So there you have it!  I will be trying this dynamic duo out this weekend and will be sure to follow up if there are any hiccups or snags during trial, but I am SOOO excited to be trying something new for my hair.  And like I intimated in my previous post, there just may be a "Phyto, Part Trois" and "Quatre" in the works if everything goes right so stay tuned, y'all!

Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Brilliance Shampoo and Hair Mask can be found at Sephora and beauty.com, and retail for $19/6.7oz & $39/6.8oz, respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment