Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday Flashback: Milani's Mai Tai


Anyone remember this beauty?  It is one of my favorite blushes ever and because I adore it so much - of course - it is no longer widely available for purchase.  It's not even listed on the company's website, so I'm assuming it has been discontinued.  Such a lovely shade it is.  Alas, I'm not quite sure why Milani did away with my beloved Mai Tai blush.




Milani had a mineral-based lineup of blushes that came in a variety of soft, neutral-friendly shades.  Not only did the blushes come with a mirror attached to the underside of the main pan, but they also came with a small brush nestled in the bottom of the compact.

  

Mai Tai is a gorgeous, matte cantaloupe color.  (How unique is that?)  It is not chalky or powdery at all, but rather highly pigmented, soft to the touch and very easy to blend.


I love wearing Mai Tai with a nude lip!  It just sets the right tone for the look and helps tie everything together.  And none of my other blushes even come close to Mai Tai in color, which makes it a standout in my stash.

I had no idea they would discontinue this line.  But isn't that how it usually happens?  Man, I'm so glad I got a chance to grab Mai Tai while I could.  In fact, I serendipitously bought two after being tempted by a sale CVS was having.  Yes, my dears -  I am learning that if you really adore something, especially from the world of makeup, it's better to buy multiples before they quietly put your beloved item out to pasture and you're left wondering, "What in the world happened to...?"

No comments:

Post a Comment