Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pink Eyes


OK, so here goes another Wet 'n' Wild purchase, however, with a slightly different experience.  This was strictly an impulse buy and it was the last one in the display, which should have given me pause.  My mother's always warned me not to take/buy the last of anything, especially food, because nine times outta ten there's something wrong with it (e.g. imperfect, damaged, tampered with, old/expired, a return, etc.).  But I didn't think about any of that when I picked it up 'cause it was on sale... and it's pink eyeliner, for goodness sake!  It still had its plastic seal intact, too.  Ohh, but all was not well when I opened my purchase Ex-Stacey from drugstore darling Wet 'n' Wild...



Ex-Stacey is a pearly fuchsia from the Fergie Center Stage Collection - a lineup of products fostered via Wet 'n' Wild's collaboration with the former singer of pop/hip-hop group The Black Eyed Peas.  It has a super soft texture... perhaps too soft since my liner came with its tip completely severed from the pencil and lodged in the top of the cap!  Oh, the horror!  Oh, the frustration!  I was too through, but decided to push on anyway.  I dislodged the broken tip from the cap and managed to smoosh it back onto the pencil so that I could at least try and render a swatch from it... a swatch that actually ended up having a nice color payoff and decent opacity, by the way.




So, there you have it.  I like the eyeliner (from what I could gather, at least) and got excited when I saw it (thoughts of duping MUFE's pink liner immediately chorus-lining through my head).  But, alas, I will have to return this pencil for an uninjured one.  Hopefully, the store will get more in soon.  Hopefully, I'll be able to snag another one.  And, hopefully, the pencil will be "on point".  Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully. 

Until then, I'll muse on the pics of Ex-Stacey and think on the glorious pink eyes that might have been...

Wet 'n' Wild Ex-Stacey is available at most drugstores and retails for around $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment