Friday, March 21, 2014

Wink For Pink


Well, it's finally happened, y'all.  Spring is officially here... Woo-hoo!  And to celebrate this glorious season of blossoms and blooms, I've got an Easter-worthy shade of lipstick to show 'n' tell you all about.  Yes, it's pink.  And, yes, it's from Revlon.  But my experience with this one is a significant departure from the ones I've had prior to.  So, if you care to indulge me for a minute or two, I'd like to share with you my thoughts on a lippy called Wink For Pink.




Wink For Pink is a dusky, pastel yellow-pink and it's from Revlon's line of Super Lustrous lipsticks.  True to its "Créme" designation, this moisture-laden lippy boasts a super creamy texture, which allows for a super smooth application to the lips.  However, its semi-sheer finish didn't really play all that well on my pout; instead of the "your lips but better" effect I got from Lovers Coral, Wink just looked like I wasn't wearing anything at all since the light, pink shade pretty much faded into my already naturally pink lips.  Using Baby lip liner helped, but Wink alone was basically invisible on me.





Yeah, this one left me somewhat deflated, y'all.  It looks nice in the tube and feels good on the lips, but does nothing for me without major enhancing from a lip liner.  And there's nothing wrong with that, but... I'm not really feelin' it.  I mean, I'm over having to "doctor" and make something work, especially when I don't really have to.  If I'm not loving something nowadays, I'd rather take it back (if I can) than suck it up.  And I believe that's what I'll prolly end up doing with this: taking it back.

So, even though I can't give this lippy a wink, a nod or even a "thumbs up" approval, I still wanted to showcase it so you could draw your own conclusions.  And if my detractions weren't too much of a distraction and your curiosity hasn't waned then, by all means, you should check it out for yourself and see how it fares on you.

Revlon Super Lustrous in Wink For Pink is available at Target, Ulta and WalMart, and retails for around $8.99.
   

2 comments:

  1. Ashley from Glipho! Now following. LOVE your hair!


    http://AshleyTamarra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, "Ashley from Glipho"! I see you! ;0) Thanks so much for the follow... and thanks for the hair comment. God works miracles, girl. Lol. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete