Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lovers Coral


Start spreading the news 'cause I've got another lipstick that I'm simply swooning over!  I love the color, I love the feel of it on my lips, I love the finish and I am loving its name.  When I saw it, it immediately caught my eye and I just had to have it.  It's a lovely lippy from Revlon called Lovers Coral.



Lovers Coral is a soft coral that leans a little more pink than it does orange.  It's a "Shine" from Revlon's Super Lustrous line of lipsticks.  I was a little taken aback when I first tried it on because I was expecting a more robust shellacking on my pout only to be met with a semi-sheer assignment of color instead.  It's buildable, though, and glides on like a moisturizing lip balm, imparting a nice gloss onto the lips.  It's the coral version of "your lips but better"... and I like it!   I did find that Lovers' glossiness petered out as the day wore on, but its color remained strong throughout without budging - a tradeoff that I found did nothing in taking away from its appearance nor its appeal.  





So, if you're a lover of coral and looking to wrangle a nice one for spring - something sedated and not too over the top - you may want to give this one a once-over.  Lovers Coral is a beaut that works handsomely alone, but would also be awesome paired with another lipstick to create a unique mix all your own.  And although it plays up as bright and bold in the tube, it's definitely more coy upon application.  It has a delicate naturalness to it, giving lips a soft flush of color that I found to be ultra flattering.

Revlon Super Lustrous in Lovers Coral is available at Target, WalMart, Ulta and various drugstores, and retails for around $8.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment