Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cucumber Coolness


I got another sample, y'all.  And, yes, it's a skin care product.  I know!  I know!  I know I said that I was going to slow down on trying things for my skin after the last debacle, but this one has a bunch of natural goodies in it so I'm going to give it a go.  It's Peter Thomas Roth's Cucumber Gel Mask.


Created to address an array of skin issues, Peter Thomas Roth is a skin care line that caters to both men and women.  The Cucumber Gel Mask is a calming, cooling gel that addresses irritated and/or dry skin.  It may be used to soothe skin after facials, waxings and peels as well as under the eyes to reduce puffiness.  In addressing the latter, you can refrigerate it to intensify the cooling factor.



Despite an intoxicating mix of cucumber, papaya, chamomile and pineapple extracts, plus sugar maple and aloe, it smells surprisingly un-exotic.  In fact, it barely has a scent; it has a very faint "gel" smell that dissipates quickly after applying.  It is very lightweight and not sticky at all.  It glides on the skin and has no glossy or slick/oily residue or feel to it.  Therefore, a heavyweight moisturizer it is NOT.  So if you're looking for a slathering of serious moisture for the upcoming cold months... this ain't it.

But I'm intrigued enough to try it.  I'm going to try it tonight.  For intense therapy, they say to leave a thin layer on overnight.  Otherwise, I can apply and leave it on for ten minutes then rinse.  Hmm... I may opt for the former just to see what happens and if I notice a difference.

So, has anyone else tried this or anything else from this line?  If so, any thoughts?  Well, I'm going in.  I'm taking the plunge and trying it tonight and I'll follow up with any pertinent info soon enough.  Hope my skin doesn't rebel like last time!  Cross your fingers... and toes!

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask is available at Sephora and retails for $45/5oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment