Monday, March 18, 2013

Origins Clear Improvement


I received this small sample of Origins' Clear Improvement last summer, but just started using it two weeks ago out of curiosity.  My skin regimen is pretty faithful in keeping my face bright and clear and I do not have huge pores, however, I have noticed that the pores in my T-zone have become more visible than those on the rest of my face.  Seems to be a pretty common complaint so I wanted to see if this product would have any effect.  And I think I got my answer...


According to the promo card that came with the sample, Clear Improvement is said to be "like a facial in a tube".  Activated charcoal, White China Clay and Lecithin are the ingredients that work harmoniously to draw out, absorb and dissolve pore-clogging impurities to the result of unburdened pores and clearer, healthier looking skin.



The charcoal hued mask is of a nice consistency (not too thick, not too thin) and is virtually fragrance-free.  After following the instructions of opening the pores with a warm rag, the mask spreads easily across the skin and dries down quickly.  Ten minutes is the recommended time allotted before rinsing the product off.

I have to tell you that I honestly saw an improvement the first night I applied the mask.  I applied Clear Improvement to my T-zone only and found that not only was the area as soft and smooth as the rest of my face, but the mask did not leave it looking parched and my pores DID look more refined.  I remember laughing at my reflection in the mirror because I thought I was seeing things or, rather, seeing what I wanted to see.  But, no, my T-zone actually did look and feel slightly "improved".

So is this a miracle product?  No, I wouldn't say that.  It's not going to make your pores magically disappear or forever stop breakouts and flare ups from occurring.  But it does stay true to what it says.  It will aid in keeping your skin clear, thus helping the appearance of said pores and keep other skin marring ailments at bay.  And because its veracity has been established in these areas, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to up the ante in their quest for assembling a highly effective skincare regimen.

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask can be found at Macy's, Sephora and beauty.com, and retails for $16/1.7 fl. oz.; $23/3.4 fl. oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment