Friday, March 8, 2013

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel

 

For years, I've been a simple "soap and water" girl when it came to my face.  No special cleansers or rituals.  Just a plain old bar of Jergens or Oil of Olay.  And it's been working fine, but I wanted to see if the grass was just a little bit greener on the other side of skincare.  I wanted to try something that wouldn't strip my skin, but would leave it feeling clean at the same time.  The first cleanser I tried smelled like freshly cut pineapples and was "all natural", but gradually sucked the life out of my skin.  I didn't realize how harsh and drying it was until I woke up one morning and literally looked like a one hundred year old woman.  Yeah.  So I decided to invest in a full-sized version of a sample I had tried earlier and actually liked  - Boscia's Purifying Cleansing Gel - and I'm glad I did.  I'm a few months in and my skin looks and feels pretty darn good.


Boscia is a Japanese skincare brand that prides itself on having a preservative-free, botanically-based line of products.  The Purifying Cleanser is sulfate-free and contains green tea in addition to other natural ingredients that aid in promoting healthy, conditioned, clean skin.  My face feels soft and clean after washing, but never parched and/or taut.  After washing, I put my Ole Henriksen moisturizer on top and I'm good for the day/night. 


The cleanser is a high performing, clear gel that is virtually fragrance free.  It produces a soft, not overly frothy, lather when engaged with water and only a half to a full pump of product is needed to effectively clean your face.

So, I must say that this cleanser has been working quite well for me.   My skin feels fresh and healthy, and there hasn't been a centenarian sighting in my mirror for months now.  And I don't expect to see her any time soon.  I've happily done away with my "bar of soap" regimen and have permanently replaced it with Boscia's Cleansing Gel.  If you're looking for a sulfate-free cleanser for your face, this one may be worth checking out.

Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel is available at Sephora and retails for $26.

No comments:

Post a Comment