Monday, January 14, 2013

The Bluest Eye


Are you in the mood for a beautiful blue?  Well, have I got one for you guys!  You may be familiar with this one, but for those who aren't and would like something other than the usual navy, I would like to offer for your review Make Up For Ever's #167.


MUFE describes #167 eyeshadow as an "iridescent true blue".  I would describe it as a gorgeous, deep water blue with a pearl finish.  It is bright and full of potent color that applies and blends easily.




As with all of their single shadows and blushes, it comes in its own magnetic compact from which it can be removed and transferred into a MUFE ten-pan palette if so desired.




I really don't have another color like #167 in my stash.  To cure anyone's curiosity, I compared it to my beloved Inglot #428 (which I talked about here) and it is decidedly darker and more of a navy blue than #167.


I don't think I can aptly express how much I adore this color.  I just love it!  I can see it working with an array of other shades while effortlessly adding some oomph to a variety of looks.  And please don't be mistaken: anybody can rock blue.  Whether it's worn as a lid color or just on the lash line in lieu of eyeliner, exciting hues like #167 prove that blue eyeshadow ain't just for little old ladies anymore. 

Make Up For Ever #167 can be found at Sephora and retails for $20.

No comments:

Post a Comment