Friday, August 16, 2013

A Mini-Mercier


Hey, guys!  Are you happy it's the weekend?  You know I am.  Don't have a lot of plans, but I may hook up with some friends.  Or spend the weekend playing in makeup.  Speaking of makeup, has anyone tried this one yet?  It's the newest foundation from Laura Mercier called Smooth Finish.  I hadn't heard a lot about it, but recently received a mini version of it and I must say that my interest has been piqued.




Smooth Finish Foundation Powder is an oil-free foundation that's infused with skin conditioning goodies like Vitamin E and shea butter.  It's finely milled and can be used wet or dry, with the former allowing for buildable coverage and the latter allowing for sheer to medium coverage.



My maxi mini-sample came with a sponge, which sat separate in the box, but will come tucked in the bottom of the compact when buying the full-sized version.   The compact comes equipped with a mirror as well.




In receiving my sample, I chose the darkest out of the three shades offered, but obviously it's not going to be dark enough to use as a foundation on me.  So, I plan on using it as a highlighting powder for contouring my face.  But the good thing about Smooth Finish is that it comes in twenty shades.  Twenty!  Therefore, finding a fitting match to your skin tone will be more successful than not if you're so inclined to give it a go.

I'm kinda excited to see how this will work on me, especially when worn wet.  Sounds promising.  I'll keep you guys posted!

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation can be found at Sephora and retails for $45/0.3oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment