Monday, March 9, 2015

Monday Blues


Hey, guys!  I, like most, am kinda bummed that the weekend is over already.  Got a number of odds and ends done, but undoubtedly spent the majority of it soaking in some valuable "me time".  And now it's back to the ol' grind.  Ughhh...  So to help better my mood I figured I would use a splash (or two) of color and flip the script a little.  You know - instead of feeling blue about the end of the weekend, I'd wear it!  On my eyes.  Oh, I was gonna for blue lips too, but decided to show some restraint (this time!) and stick to just laying it on my peepers, amending the final look with some purple hues as well to add a bit of kick.  I really like how it turned out.  And if you have a moment to spare, I'd love to show you what I came up with. 

 


After priming my eye, I started off with a dark blue base: L'Oreal's HIP Cream Eyeliner in Midnight Blue, which is a rich, dusky cobalt with a slight shimmer.  I then got into "MAC mode", using three MAC eyeshadows to help compose the look: Deep Truth, which is a dark water-blue; Parfait Amour, which is a glowy blue-violet; Ricepaper, which is a peachy gold.  All three have a high pearl/frost finish.

(Deep Truth)

(Parfait Amour)

(Ricepaper)

With the addition of Make Up For Ever's #167 as a highlight for the middle of the lid as well as Inglot's #439 and MUFE's ME-930 rounding out the brigade of purple in the crease of my eye, my peepers ended up looking like this:




As a complement to the eyes, the rest of my face will be garnished with Hourglass' Luminous Flush to bring color and light to the cheeks, and MAC's Hug Me to bring a fleshy muting to my lips.  When it's all said and done, my colorful countenance will look like this:



So there you have it!  Even though I'm not exactly thrilled that the weekend is now kaput and Monday is now here, there's no need for me to have the blues... especially when I can wear them instead.

Yep, I'm starting the weekend early with a party of pretty on my eyes.  It's a quick fix that'll definitely help to boost my 'tude and tide me over 'til the real one arrives.          

No comments:

Post a Comment