Friday, November 14, 2014

Fresh Seaberry Face Oil


And so I got another skin care sample the other day and I must say that I'm kinda excited to try it out.  My bottle of Clinique moisturizer has been totally depleted, leaving an open slot in my regimen that I'd like to possibly fill with a newbie product.  You know me, y'all - always ready to try the new-new.  So now that face oils have become somewhat of a small rage, I figured it was time to test out one I've been eyeing for awhile: Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil from Fresh.




Loaded with natural oil goodness such as rosemary and sweet almond, Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil is an antioxidant-laden elixir that boasts youth preserving properties as well as restorative attributes with the help of its headliner: seaberry/seabuckthorn oil.  It is paraben-free and sulfate-free, and comes in an amber tinted bottle complete with dropper for careful distribution of the product.




Clear in complexion with a lightweight consistency, I applied a droplet of Seaberry Face Oil to the back of my hand, which proved to be more than enough needed to saturate my skin and bring about a faint, dewy sheen.  It has a pronounced fragrance that I can best describe as being akin to an orange-y, spicy, chai tea, which I found to be intoxicating.  It does linger, though, so if you have an aversion to strong smells then you may want to give it a sniff test before purchasing.   But, again, I didn't find it to be bothersome at all.

 

You know, I initially was pretty hesitant about using an oil as a moisturizer.  When I think of the words "oil" and "face" together, I think of "clogged pores", "bumps", "breakouts", etc.  But besides the back of my hand, I did dab some on the front of my nose where my skin tends to get a tad dry and it felt good and caused no dermal explosions as of yet.  So, now I can't wait to see how it'll do on a wider test area before committing it to my entire face.  I'm encouraged, though.  Highly.  But whether yea or nay, I will definitely give you guys the full skinny as I continue to test it out throughout the week.

Here's to crossing fingers and toes that all goes well with this one...

Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil is available at fresh.com and Sephora, and retails for $18.50/0.5 oz; $50/1.6 oz.

**Update: 12/5/14 - It's been about three weeks now and I have been using the oil religiously without any adverse reaction.  My skin feels hydrated, soft and supple, and the dry patches around my nose have dissipated.  I really like this Seaberry Face Oil and will officially induct it into my skin regimen with a full-size vial as soon as my mini runs out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment