Friday, October 31, 2014

On the Fence...


Oh, boy.  I'm kinda on the fence when it comes to some popular (and some not-so-popular) products that continuously catch my attention when I'm in the store, but fail to compel me to pull the trigger and buy for whatever reason.  Partly fueled by a desire to maintain a well diversified cosmetic wardrobe, I think I've become a bit pickier about the items I end up buying.  Whether it's a highly regarded blush or new lip product, I find myself passing on more and more items that already seem way too familiar... like Too Faced's Melted Liquified Lipsticks.  A gloss, a stain and a lipstick all-in-one, they remind me of OCC's Lip Tars - which I happen to like and plan to get more colors of.  I mean, outside of Melted Violet, I really don't think I'll be picking up any of these anytime soon.


Now, believe you and me, I do NOT need another highlighting product.  Creams, powders, liquids - I've got all the mediums covered!  But, alas, I can't help but look at Stila's Illuminating/Bronzing Balms whenever I see them.  The force is strong with these.  However, I continue to resist because I don't need them.  I really don't.  Even if they do come in a convenient package of three at a seemingly decent price.  I don't need them... (right?)




I've been playing with the idea of getting some higher-end foundation for a minute now.  I'm close to finishing up my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, still have plenty of my Revlon ColorStay, but wanted to up the ante with a base from a loftier retail bracket.  I've heard a smattering of reviews regarding Miracle Worker Foundation from philosophy, but the fact that they even had a deep enough shade I could play around with was very tempting.  I teetered... I tottered... but my will power has not faltered.  At least not yet...

  
Speaking of foundations, when I saw this, I immediately thought of the ever-popular beautyblender sponge (and all of its imitators) that so many now use to apply and blend their makeup with.  Bamboo handle aside, it would seem as if this ecoTools Foam Applicator would be a proper, discounted alternative.   I'm not all the way convinced, though, hemming and hawing over it constantly whenever I see it hanging on drugstore shelves. 



Oh, my goodness... when these Clinique Cheek Pop blushes first came out, I was in a tizzy to get my hands on each and every one of them.  And then when I went to the store and saw them firsthand, I was like, "Eh," and passed.  It wasn't because they weren't pretty or anything, but more so because the colors weren't outstanding or unique enough to warrant a purchase.  I don't think you understand - I can NOT buy another pink blush until I finish at least ONE of the ones I have in my stash.  Cannot!!


And then there's the hair products from Carol's Daughter, which are now even more accessible via outlets like Target.  I don't know what it is about hair products; even though I have my HG list set pretty much in stone and my regimen down pat, I am inexplicably always willing and ready to try new items!  I've been waffling on Carol's Daughter for a long minute now.  And product line names like Black Vanilla aren't helping me in my struggle, either...  but I haven't caved. 

I dunno.  I think I'm getting bored with a lot of stuff, too.  I feel my enthusiasm waning.  So many products just seem like a recycling of what's already out there.  I guess that's why I got so excited about the new Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows.  The colors, the formula, the fact that I only own three eyeshadows from them all play a part in my unbridled response to their new collection.  And I know just from looking at their breadth of shades that I'll be able to easily pick up and fill-in (color-wise) wherever my shadow stash may be lacking, which absolutely puts a song in my makeup loving heart.  But other than that, I'm on the fence and kinda "meh" about everything else.

Oh, I'm gonna keep my eyes peeled for the sure-to-come onslaught of holiday palettes and makeup extravaganzas... you can be sure of that.  And maybe that'll help break the spell of indifference I'm currently under.  Eh, who knows.  We shall see, though.  We shall definitely see.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, you have an eye and i must say your will power not to succumb the beauty world's constant releases is worth applause. lol i have succumbed to the too faced melted lipsticks and i prefer these over the lip tars any day, the consistency is much thicker and not as drying as the lip tars can be, at least on my lips. i've been curious about the clinque blushes myself but never pulled the trigger because i have yet to see swatches that compliment deeper skin tones. hopefully, you'll be intrigued by something that you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do a post on the Too Faced lippies. I've passed on them so many times, but was thinking about picking up the violet shade. Are they more lipgloss than lipstick because all the swatches I've seen have been super shiny? Now you've got me wondering... and we all know what happens when I start to wonder... lol

      Delete
  2. Great blog! Keep up the good work!

    Check out my fiancee's blog its about beauty and fashion!

    http://pretty-little-things-xo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ahmet! And I will check the blog out! :0)

      Delete