Friday, March 7, 2014

Tropical Temptation


Hey, guys!  Are you ready for the weekend?  I am!  And are you ready for warmer weather to finally arrive?  I definitely am!  Well, for those of you who are still stuck in the throes of winter's mischief (like me), I think I may have a little pick-me-up to help serve as a mini-escape until higher temperatures prevail.  It's a revved up lacquer with quite the enticing moniker.  So if you have a moment, I'd like to show you a colorful gem from Revlon called Tropical Temptation.




Tropical Temptation is a sunny coral that doesn't lean too pink nor too orange, but is a perfect balance of both.  Revlon polishes have a slightly thinner formula than most, but I find them to be nicely pigmented with an extra dose of high-shine.  I applied three coats to achieve ample opacity, however, was still left with narrow ribbons of sheerness on my nails due to some streakiness experienced during the second coat.  I wouldn't call the streaking severe, but certainly worth noting.  No bubbling, though.  And the polish did last on my busy hands for a good four and a half days before showing signs of wear and slight chipping on my tips.


(Close-up of streak on nail)

Overall, I really like this nail polish.  The color is right up my alley, it dries quickly and has good staying power.  I'm figuring I may have to up the layering to four coats for a more even-looking and solid result - a minor tradeoff considering the color payoff and how pretty a polish it is. 

So, there you have it.  A graphic reminder of the warmer weather that's soon to come, conveniently published on the tips of your fingers.  And if you found Temptation to be the least bit tempting then I think you owe it to yourself to go check it out.

Revlon Tropical Temptation is available at Target, WalMart and most drugstores, and retails for around $6.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful color, especially for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paula! It really is pretty; so glad you like it, too. :0)

      Delete