Monday, March 17, 2014

Secret Double Agent


In the jar, it's quite unassuming.  Perhaps even boring and plain.  However, upon further inspection, nothing could be further from the truth as this precocious pigment has a lot more visual interest than a casual glance could possibly capture.  It's a pretty little duochrome and the last in my parade of powders from Jesse's Girl.  So, if you please, I would love to bend your ear a smidgen and show you another one of their hidden gems called Secret Weapon.





Secret Weapon is an ivory-white with turquoise reflects.  It is from JG's loose mineral eyeshadow lineup called Eye Dusts, which are finely milled pigments that can be used on the eyes as well as other areas on the body.  Secret Weapon pulled no punches during application as it provided a copious amount of color in every swatch and blended like a dream.  It has a pearl finish.





Now I know I don't need to tell y'all that this would be awesome on top of a dark green, blue or teal base.  Wow!  And I know I don't need to tell y'all that this would be the white cherry on top of a blue-green look if used as an accent in the corner of the eye or even along the lash line.  Ooh-wee!  So, since I don't need to tell y'all these things, I won't waste my breath.  But I will go ahead and tell y'all that this double agent of a shadow is giving you a double bang for your buck as its pairing of quality and cost make it a lovely departure from typical drugstore fare.  And now that I've officially spilled the beans on it, it's a cosmetic weapon that's not that much of a secret anymore. 

Jesse's Girl Secret Weapon is available at various drugstores and retails for around $4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment