Wednesday, March 26, 2014

High Brow


Don't look now, but highly sculpted, perfectly arched and coiffed eyebrows are currently all the rage.  In fact, I would go so far as to say that the dramatically defined brow has become an absolute obsession.  I, myself, prefer the more natural look when it comes to my brows, which is not to say that I want them to look unkempt or unruly.  I like to tame my hairy caterpillars via waxing then color in sparse areas with a simple ash brown shadow or brow pencil and call it a day.  But this little sample had me intrigued.  I'm not opposed to stepping up my grooming game a notch so I decided to give Browmousse from Tweezerman a try.




Browmousse is a lightweight, clear gel formulated to help shape and style brows while disciplining errant hairs and keeping them in place.  It comes equipped with a mascara-like, bristled wand and has no discernible smell.  It is also hypo-allergenic and boasts a flake-free finish.


(Raw, unadulterated eyebrow)

(Brow after applying Browmousse)

(Brow after applying Browmousse)

Browmousse applied cleanly, gliding over the hairs of my product-free brows without even a hint of stickiness.  It dried quickly and definitely kept every hair laid without the residual crunch or hardness traditional gels are known for.  Working alone, it gave my brows a more uniformed appearance and even added a slight shine to them.  And so I know pairing it with a little color from my pencil is only going to help me fashion full and shapely brows with hardly any fuss at all, which is exactly how I like it.

So, do I really need to say it?  I really liked this brow gel!  It does precisely what it says it's going to do and for someone who's not into spending hours crafting a perfect brow, I think it's kinda neat.  Is it an absolute must-have?  Well, prolly not.  I mean, I suppose once I run out of this sample I could recreate it with a simple hair gel or clear mascara, but I'm glad I got the chance to try this one out.  It gave me a chance to experiment and elevate my brow game to a higher level.  Perfectly manicured brows all within a stroke of a brush?  Yes, please and thank you!

Tweezerman Browmousse is available at beauty.com and retails for $12 (full-size).  

No comments:

Post a Comment