Friday, February 14, 2014

The Look of Love


I don't know what's going on in your part of the world, but where I am there's been nothing but an onslaught of sleet, snow and ice - a virtual "Snowmageddon", if you will.  The entire region has been immobilized by the inclement weather for days now, leaving many to alter or cancel plans for today - Valentine's Day.  Truth be told, I didn't or don't have a date to celebrate the day with so this is no real loss for me.  But I did start to muse on what I would wear, both clothing-wise and makeup-wise, if the conditions were right and I had a date for the night.  So, if you would be so kind as to indulge me for a moment, I'd like to share with you what I came up with...


If the weather were decent and I had snagged a date for the night, I think I would rock my body hugging LBD.  This would have been my first time wearing it, but such an occasion demands a certain type of sexy, in my opinion, and this knitted black dress would definitely deliver the goods.  POW!


To bring in some color, I think I would grab my pink and black heels.  Yeah, I think they would set a nice tone for the outfit.  I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair (or pairs) of ankle boots to procure, otherwise I know some boss booties would set the ensemble ablaze.  In the meantime, the foot candy above would serve well in keeping my suitor visually stimulated, gams and all.  BAM!


Tucked under my arm would be a simple, zebra print clutch.  Funky and fun; nothing clunky, chunky or fussy.  You know, just something to carry my bare essentials in as well as the stash of taxicab money I may need in case the date starts to go left and I need to exit stage right.  BOOP!


And on my finger, I think I would wear my studded serpentine ring.  Not trying to send out any type of message with this; I just like it.  And I'm sure it would grab my date's attention as well.  It's the money shot, ya know?  KA-CHING!


For my makeup, I would do a simple, smoky eye.  At first I thought it would be too cliché: sexy night out = smoky eye.  But then I thought, 'Why fight it?'  So, I think I would grab my Wet n' Wild trio We're Blasting Off and use the gorgeous black-bordeaux with pink pearl all over the lid while leaving a hint of the pink taupe in the very inner corners of the eyes.





In keeping with my Project Pan, I would enlist the likes of Dollymix and a HIP cream blush from L'Oreal to color my cheeks.  The deep, burgundy cream would act as the base and bring dimension while the brighter pink highlights and lets loose a subtle pop on the apples.



And finally, for my lips, I think I would go the obvious route here and paint my pout with MAC's Show Orchid.  I mean, it ties in the color of the bows on my shoes so there's really no need for me to choose anything else.  It's a perfect match.

So, there you have it.  If I were going out tonight for Valentine's Day, I think this would be the look I would rock.  But alas, unless I get a phone call at the nth hour, I will NOT be going out and I will NOT be wearing my LBD with all the trimmings.  Instead, I will be wearing this:


Yes, yes, y'all...  I will be wearing my cozy, pink jammies with cozy, woolly sheep on my toes while watching a movie or two (or three).  But don't cry for me, Argentina!  I am just fine with this; I'll be having a love-in right in my cozy abode and I have no qualms about this.  I'm going to celebrate V-day by noshing on double chocolate, chocolate-chip cookies and sipping on some apple tea!  Yes, dahling!  I am going to enjoy myself... thoroughly!

So, whatever you end up doing and whomever you end up spending it with (even if you end up flying solo like me) - enjoy and have fun!

Happy Valentine's Day!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment