Monday, January 13, 2014

Project Pan - Into the Mix


I was rummaging through my makeup drawer and pulled this little number out that I've had for awhile, but haven't really used much.  Honestly, that seems to be the recurring theme of most of my items and I think it's high time I kick my butt into gear and change that.  I need to hit pan on something or at least get close to pan, so I'm nominating this blush as the first in my quest do so: MAC's Dollymix.




Dollymix is described as a "candy pink" and it has a scattering of silver shimmer through it.  It is one of MAC's Sheertone Shimmer powder blushes and when they say "sheer", they're not playing.  I bought it after hearing so many rave about it, but afterwards found it to be quite disappointing as I had to apply layer upon layer of the color on to even notice any evidence of it.  The blush leaves not a tint, but a slight hint of color to the cheek.  However, I found an adequate workaround by boosting it with a cream blush and/or base underneath.





So while this is far from being my favorite blush being that it is extremely sheer (practically non-existent, at least on my complexion) and just didn't live up to its hype for me, it is precisely because of these shortcomings that I find strong motivation to finish it up.  I'm going to make it my business to use it as much as possible so I can eventually achieve pan status and clear the way (as well as my conscience) for adding more items to my stash.  But I've got to be diligent and I've got to get going.

Man, I wonder how long it'll take to finish it?  Months?  A year?  I mean, it's a lot of blush.  Well, I have no idea, but I'm ready to find out.   And I already know that there will be many more items thrown into the mix for my "project pan" initiative so stay tuned and I'll keep y'all posted!

MAC Dollymix is available at Macy's and Nordstrom, and retails for $21.

No comments:

Post a Comment