Friday, January 17, 2014

Project Pan - A Classic Shade


OK, so I've picked my next product to add to Dollymix blush for my project pan initiative.  I looked through my eyeshadows and, sure, I could have gone the safe route and chosen the typical brown or some other basic neutral to plow through and hit pan on.  But I wanted something a little more challenging.  So, again, I rummaged through my stash and - after much deliberation - decided on this single shadow that has barely seen the light of day since I bought it.  It's the classic shade Cranberry from MAC.




Cranberry looks exactly as its name denotes; it is officially described as a "red-plum with pink shimmer".  The shadow is nicely pigmented and has a frost finish.  I like it.  But after becoming more familiar with other brands and products, I know that it's far from being a one-of-a-kind shade.  In fact, I already inadvertently own a dupe or two of the color, so I'm more than OK with using this one up.




Now in order to achieve a successful run with this initiative in the shortest amount of time possible, I plan on using the designated products on my list every single day.  Allowances will be made for special situations and/or as fashion dictates, however, my main goal is to incorporate them into as many looks as possible.  And with Cranberry being the versatile shade it is, I can use it on my eyes as well as my cheeks and even my lips without essentially missing a beat!  #Winning!

So that's two products down with a few more to go.  I'm getting kinda excited as my list grows and can't wait to see how this all turns out.  Or how long it takes to hit pan on these items.  Hmm... we shall definitely see!

MAC Cranberry is available at Macy's, Nordstrom and MAC boutiques, and retails for $10.

No comments:

Post a Comment