Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Painting By the Numbers, Pt. 2


If you read my previous post then you know that I've been chit-chatting about the Stila Artful Eye collection that I recently bought, which consists of a total of three five-pan palettes.  I just tried out the second one in the lineup and I really like it.  So, if you have a moment to spare, allow me to introduce to you the Artful Eye Collector's Edition palette Vol. II.




L to R: Patchouli, Ember, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Eclipse

Volume II is an assembly of five neutral shades: a satiny eggshell; silver foiled taupe; muted copper; rich, charcoal taupe and black.  All the shades are decidedly moodier than the ones in Volume I and would bode well for a day-to-night smoky eye look.  Ember and Sandalwood are high pearls, Rosewood a pearl, Patchouli plays out more like a satin and Eclipse remains the lone matte.

L to R: Patchouli, Ember, Sandalwood


L to R: Rosewood, Eclipse


L to R: Patchouli, Ember, Sandalwood, Rosewood, Eclipse

Every shade in this palette yielded ample color and I honestly can't wait to put this baby to use.  It's the perfect size for transport and the shades so versatile.  Lovely, indeed.

So perfectly content I am with Volumes I and II that I can't help but have high expectations for Volume III, the final offering in the collection.  It's a graphic departure from the lovely, subdued oatmeals and brown-based metals of the first two.  And it's one that I am anxious to share with you in my next post.

2 comments:

  1. nice colors and i like the design of the palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the palette design, too! This one pleasantly surprised me as far as quality because sometimes "holiday" palettes aren't the best quality. But so far so good.

      Delete