Friday, August 23, 2013

Birthday Treat


I got a hold of a cute little sample the other day that I wanted to share.  It's a festive nail lacquer from a company that's quickly becoming one of my faves.  Happy Birthday is one of the newest additions to Deborah Lippmann's deep lineup of treatment-enriched nail polishes and I think it's pretty neat-o. 




Happy Birthday is an explosion of multi-colored, multi-sized glitter suspended in clear lacquer.   It, like all of Lippmann's lacquers, is infused with goodies like biotin and green tea extract while leaving chemicals like formaldehyde and toluene out of the mix.


The polish applied smoothly without any issues and left each nail fully loaded with glitter after only two coats.  There was no overwhelming chemical smell, the clear base is a beautiful high-gloss and it dried fairly quickly overall.  And the polish did not dare move or chip as it stayed on my nails for over a full week on my busy hands.  Impressive!



I know there are many that have thrown their proverbial hat into the 3-D polish ring, so another one may not seem all that special, high-end brand or not.  But I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far from DL.  And this one right here?  Well, it's full of fun and color and sparkle... like having a blast of confetti on your fingertips!

Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday is available at Sephora and retails for $19 (full-sized).  

No comments:

Post a Comment