Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Buzz On Burt's Bees


Burt's Bees is a personal care line that was inspired by the creator's love for the insect and borne out of his steadfast belief that natural is better.  Found in just about every store and dedicated store aisle that caters to the organic/natural set, the product line includes everything from body washes to toothpaste.  After falling in love with their Beeswax Lip Balm, I decided to dig deeper into the line and purchase a hand grooming kit filled with full-sized versions of some of their staples.  And I think I may be falling in love with these items as well.


First up is their Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, which is an emollient moisturizer that incorporates the nourishing benefits of Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E with natural beeswax, which helps to seal in the moisture.  It has a sweet, nutty smell that lingers awhile after applying it to the hands.  I found the scent to be pleasant and not overwhelming, but those that are sensitive to such things may want to take note and do a sniff test before buying.




The off-white mixture is stiff and solid in the glass jar, however, melts with ease once in contact with the warmth of your skin.  My hands did feel incredibly hydrated after using and I did not have any adverse reaction to the product, so this was a win for me.


Next up is Burt's Bees' Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream and can you say "DELICIOUS"?  I mean, I know this is strictly to soften dry cuticles and not for consumption, but it smells like a slice of lemon meringue pie.  YUM! 



Presented in a small tin, this nail balm also contains Sweet Almond Oil as well as cocoa butter and beeswax to create a 100% natural product that is 100% effective in nourishing your parched fingertips.  I absolutely adore this stuff. 


In addition to the balm and the cream, they included an emery board and cuticle stick to round out the manicure set.


Then there's the "odd man out".  With all the hand and nail aids, I was surprised they included a lip balm, but glad for it because of my fondness for the one I already own.



While my original smells like peppermint, this Replenishing Lip Balm has the faint, sweet smell of pomegranate oil, which it's infused with.  I greatly appreciate BB's lip balms because the beeswax they contain help to fill in lines and/or crevices on your lips, which lends itself to a smoother, better looking application of lipstick - especially the drier ones.  So, with that being said, I already know that this balm is going to serve me well.

And there you have it - the much deserved buzz on Burt's Bees.  With a vast line of all natural products that are readily available in many different outlets and at a pretty decent price point, I think I can officially say that Burt's Bees is the bee's knees! (sorry)

Burt's Bees products can be found at various drug stores, including Target, and retail separately as follows:  Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme, $9; Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, $6; Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil, $3.30.

No comments:

Post a Comment