Monday, July 8, 2013

Shine Bright Like A...


It's dark, pretty and a bit out of the ordinary.  It's an irreverent choice for summer nails and perhaps that's why I was compelled to buy it.  The more China Glaze polishes I try, the more my fandom for the brand grows as they tend to last a good while on my busy hands and offer a great range of colors from which to choose.  So here's another one of their goodies for me to gush about: China Glaze's nail lacquer in Black Diamond.



Black Diamond is a deep, charcoal gray with silver pearl.  It has a noticeable blue undertone to it, too.  I had no problems with streaking or bubbling at all, however, I did find that three coats instead of my standard two was required to achieve optimal opacity.  But that's hardly a demerit in my eyes as the final result is a rewarding dose of high-gloss fabulousness!



I'm thinking of removing the solid color from my ring fingers and adding a design instead.  You know, just to break up some of the monotony of the gray.  Maybe a splash of yellow or orange?  I dunno.  Purely a creative notion, though, and not a necessity as Black Diamond looks fab on both my fingers and toes as is.   It's a color that is somewhat rebellious, especially for this time of year.  And you know me... Sometimes I just like being a little "anti-" from time to time.

China Glaze Black Diamond is available at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta, and retails for $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment