Monday, April 1, 2013

An Über Umber


This past week has really been a hectic one for me.  I barely had time to do anything for myself, let alone put on half a face so I could look presentable to the world.  Therefore, my five-minute face has been in full effect for the past group of days, but in lieu of one of my favorite brown eyeliners (which I talk about here) I switched it up just a bit and went for a rich, ruddy one.  It's been just as flattering on me and just as versatile.  Yes, Stila's Smudge Crayon in Umber is in heavy rotation over here and it has more than stepped up to the call of duty.



Stila's Smudge Crayons are touted as being a waterproof eye primer, eyeliner and eyeshadow all wrapped into one.  Umber is just one of eight colors offered from the lineup.  Not only are they gel-based, but they are also infused with Vitamin E and aloe to support healthy skin.



The color of the crayon is aptly reflected on its plastic housing; it is a sumptuously dark, burgundy brown that is soft and highly pigmented.  It applies and smudges easily, but be forewarned: it dries rather quickly and is pretty much set once it does.


Although it is a twist-up, it does come with a twist-off sharpener as well that is conveniently located in the bottom of the crayon.



So far, I have only used Umber as an eyeliner and it has performed quite well.  But I can't wait to use it as a base under Stila's Barefoot Contessa shadow, which came in my Sunrise quad.  Oh, my goodness, can you imagine?  It would really make that shadow pop!  I will def post a pic once I find the time to concoct that look.

Until then, with all that I've got going on right now, it looks like I'll be using Umber as the marquee liner in my five-minute lineup as I continue to implement my much needed "quick-fast-and-in-a-hurry-makeup-no-makeup" face.

Stila's Smudge Crayon in Umber can be found at Sephora and beauty.com, and retails for $22.

No comments:

Post a Comment