Friday, February 8, 2013

Weekend Report: Violet Femme


Hey, guys!  It's officially the start of the weekend.  Woo-hoo!  Do you all have any plans?  Well, I'm not doing anything too big, so I'm going to keep it semi-casual with my gear and pretty simple with my face.    


This weekend I plan to rock the same look I rocked in my "New Year..." post.  It's an uncomplicated, but pretty take on violets and purples.


On my lid will be an oldie, but goodie: MAC's Artifact Paint Pot.  This cream eyeshadow/base is a metallic raspberry and it is gorge!


Artifact is highly pigmented and lasts all day on me.  It has since been discontinued, however, Maybelline has a similar color in its Color Tattoo 24HR cream shadow line called Pomegranate Punk.


In my outer "v", I will be using MAC's Shadowy Lady, which is one of my favorite eyeshadows from them.


Shadowy Lady is a sumptuously dark, sooty eggplant color.  It has a matte finish, is easy to blend and is part of their permanent line of shadows.


I'll be using a black gel eyeliner on my top lid and lining my bottom lash line with Prestige eyeliner in Wine.


Wine is a deep purple color and it is highly pigmented.  It's not overly soft, but it spreads without tugging and doesn't put up a fuss when trying to smudge it for effect.  Prestige products can be found in most drug stores.


With the addition of mascara, my eyes will end up looking like this.


For my cheeks, I'll be relying on Vintage Grape by MAC to give me a boost of color.



Vintage Grape is a blush of two colors that can either be swirled together to create one shade or used separately.  I prefer to do the latter, using the lighter pinkish-lavender on the apples of my cheeks and the darker grape as a contour along my cheekbone.  This ombre blush had a limited release with a couple of MAC's previous collections. 


And finishing the face off will be a pearly gem for the lips from Revlon called Icy Violet.



Icy Violet is a frost from Revlon's Super Lustrous line of lipsticks, all of which provide full, moisturizing coverage in every application.

 

No jeans this weekend.  Instead I'll be donning a black and white, knee-length knit dress, complete with cowl neck, short sleeves and an empire waist.


A distressed, cropped denim jacket, black boots (not pictured) and black leather bag will top off the ensemble.

So that's my full report on what I'll be rocking.  Not sure what the weather is going to bring, but I'm determined to enjoy myself regardless.

Hope everybody has a fantastic weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment