Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Quite Smitten With Kitten


My very first purchase from Stila Cosmetics was one of its highly celebrated eyeshadows in its most popular color - Kitten.  I had heard so much about it that I just had to try it for myself.  And when I swatched the shadow on my skin, I bought it instantly.  But I didn't stop there... because when I saw that there were other products under the Kitten color banner, including a Kitten Lip Glaze, I had to investigate.  And when I swatched the lip glaze on my skin, I bought that with little hesitation, too.  I guess you could say that I was quite smitten with Kitten, but with good reason.  Quite simply, it's a shade that easily lives up to its hype of loveliness.


Kitten eyeshadow is a frosty, nude-y champagne color with a subtle hint of peachiness.  It is super soft, fully pigmented and can be used wet or dry, like most of Stila's eyeshadows.





Kitten eyeshadow not only acts as a nice highlight for under the brow or in the tear ducts, but it also makes for a suitable highlight for the face/cheeks.


Now Kitten Lip Glaze is my absolute favorite lip gloss to grab for a quick, everyday, casual, run-out-the-house look.  It's a peach with gold pearl that's housed in a twist-up pen with a brush applicator at the top.  The high-shine gloss is slightly tacky and has a sweet, but not cloying, scent - neither of which I find to be unpleasant. 





If asked what my favorite out of the two products would be, I would have to say the lip gloss because I use it more often.  I like to line my lips with MAC's Cork liner, paint a coat of Kitten on top then skedaddle.  But I enjoy them both.

So, yes, call me smitten... call me infatuated.  You could even call me enamored.  Whatever label you slap on me at this point would be accurate.  In my opinion, Kitten is the bee's knees, the cat's meow...  Can you dig it?  Groovy, man... I knew that you could.

Stila's Kitten eyeshadow and Lip Glaze can be found at Stilacosmetics.com as well as Ulta, Sephora and Beauty.com.  The eyeshadow retails for about $18; Lip Glaze retails for $22, but is currently on sale on Stila's site for $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment