Monday, December 24, 2012

Jupitesse


Guess what I found, guys?  Remember in my last post when I listed the two cream shadows and makeup palette as the only Kevyn Aucoin products I own?  Well, it turns out that I also have two lip products from him as well that I totally forgot about.  Totally.  I wore one of the items almost all summer last year, but have yet to wear this one out and about.  I remember being really excited when I got this because I have nothing else like this.  Nothing!  Allow me to talk to you a little about Kevyn Aucoin's Jupitesse.


 
Jupitesse is a part of the Liquid Patent Lip line, a line of high-gloss lip products that come in a twist-up pen topped with a brush applicator.  It is an absolutely gorgeous, dark blueberry with multicolored shimmer.  Its lightweight, non-sticky formula glides on smoothly and deposits semi-sheer, but buildable, color to the lips.


Jupitesse in direct sunlight.





I can't begin to tell you how psyched I am to wear this out somewhere now that I've rediscovered it.  It's pulling a little on the purplish side of blueberry due to the natural red hue in my lips, but you could manipulate it to your desired shade with the right product beneath.

Although this product has been discontinued, I still wanted to share this unique color product with you to perhaps inspire.  Or, at the very least, amuse.  I have seen blue lipsticks - granted, not many and not in this shade of blue, but even Inglot has come out with a blue lip line that may be worth checking out.

Sooo... A bit of blue shellacking for your lips, anyone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment