Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Solid Gold


Christmas is less than a week away and if you're still on the hunt for something festive to add to your overall wardrobe then have I got a nail polish for you!  It's gold.  It's bold.  And it just screams holiday fun.  For your review, I would like to offer Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow.


Deborah Lippmann is a singer-turned-celebrity manicurist who created a collection of hand and foot care products, including polishes that are free of formaldehyde, toluene and DPB.  Boom Boom Pow is a luxurious blend of chunky gold glitter and actual 24kt gold dust suspended in a clear base.  It is absolutely beautiful!





Boom Boom Pow is the perfect amalgam of large and medium sized flecks of golden glitter.  Its consistency is not the least bit thick or clumpy and it applies smoothly without streaking or bubbling.


This is my first foray into the whole 3-D, glittery nail polish thing so I was initially concerned that there would be an uneven application of product where groups of glitter would land on one part of my nail while leaving the other part sparse.  But such was not the case as there was a fair distribution of sparkle throughout my entire nail with each stroke of the brush.

Boom Boom Pow in direct sunlight.
And the way this polish glistens and shines in the light... Wow!  It really is stunning.

Boom Boom Pow in direct sunlight.

And you really can see every facet of the gold dust, which plays the perfect foil to the larger pieces of sparkle.  So pretty... I couldn't stop admiring my hands after painting them. 

I know that a lot of brands have similar confetti-type polishes with glitters and such, and my interest has been piqued to try a few more, but I really am impressed with this one.  And can you imagine this on top of a red, black or a solid gold polish?  What?!  Oh, please... off the chain!  I have a gold Revlon polish that is just begging for a date with this one and I simply cannot wait to pair the two.

Boom Boom Pow is like having a party on your fingertips.  It's incredibly fun to wear and absolutely gorgeous to boot.

Deborah Lippmann's Boom Boom Pow retails for $20 and can be found at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, Sephora and Beauty.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment