Friday, November 20, 2015

Birthday Babe


And so another week has come and gone.  It was a pretty good week for me, too.  I got a lot done, had some fun... yadda, yadda, yadda.  But, as good as it was, it doesn't hold a candle to the seven days prior during which I celebrated the anniversary of my very first appearance here on this Earth.  Yes, it was my birthday week and I took full advantage of everything the day afforded me, including rounding up some freebies from a few observant outlets.  So, if you have a moment to spare, I'd love to tell you about one of my b-day steals.  It's a glossy beauty from bareMinerals called Marvelous Moxie in the shade, appropriately named, Birthday Babe. 





Marvelous Moxie is a line of hydrating lipglosses from mineral-based makeup giant bareMinerals.  Keeping in line with other offerings from the brand, these lip lacquers are free of parabens and sulfates, relying instead on natural ingredients like shea and avocado butters to smooth lips and provide high shine.  Birthday Babe is a mid-tone, semi-sheer coral with visible multi-colored shimmer.  Fitted with a doe foot applicator, it glides on smoothly, is somewhat tacky and has a sweet, minty scent that translates to a slight tingle on the lips.





Now, even though I know this shade of gloss is not particularly unique (I believe I may have two dupes in my collection already), I do have to say that I am genuinely fond of it.  It did keep my lips feeling hydrated way after it had worn off and was an easy wear.  Besides, it was a full-sized freebie (WOW!) and will you just look at the packaging?  They wished me a happy birthday and even called me gorgeous!  I mean, you can't beat that, can you?  No.  I don't think so. 

So this glammy gloss goes right in the #WIN pile for me - a solid A+.  One caveat: Birthday Babe is an Ulta exclusive only being offered to birthday babes who are signed up for their rewards program.  But no need for dismay as bareMinerals has a comparable shade already in its Marvelous Moxie lineup.  And if sparkly coral doesn't float you boat, they have an array of hues that may tickle your fickle fancy instead.   Either way, if you're into lipglosses, these definitely deserve a look-see and I'm so glad I was able to pick one up! #HappyBirthdayToME!

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss is available at Ulta and Sephora, and retails for $18.   

1 comment: