Friday, June 26, 2015

Mint Sorbet


Now that summer is officially here, it's time to fall in line and get our fingers and toes season-worthy.  Color is the name... and for this go around, soft and easy is the game.  As you guys already know, I'm not a true fan of pastels, but - lulled by my latest grab's name - this romantic, pale shade of lacquer is more of a "sorbet" (self-indulgent semantics, I know, but let's just roll with it, shall we?).  Anywho, it's an all too familiar story: it was love at first sight when I laid eyes on it in the store and I just had to have it.  So, without further ado, I'd like show 'n' tell you a little bit about Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear nail polish in Mint Sorbet. 




Mint Sorbet is a blanched, pale green and hails from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line of long lasting, brightly hued nail polishes.  Richly pigmented, it has a nice, creamy texture and left a nearly opaque layer of color in the first pass.  I did, however, use two coats of polish and found that the lacquer dried fairly quickly between applications, which is a plus.  And while I had slight bubbling on one nail, which was totally due to "user error" as I was rushing during strokes and inevitably caught air, it did not streak.  Worn sans the aid of both a base and top clear coat (which is how I review all nail polishes), it held up well with only minor chipping at the tips despite undergoing the daily rigors of hand-oriented chores like washing dishes.  Mint Sorbet lasted about five days on my busy digits, which is about average for me.




So there you have it!  Although I don't really dig the "P" word when it comes to colors, using words like "sherbert", "sorbet", "custard", etc. help me push through my misgivings.  It's silly.  It's mind over matter, but it's all in fun.  Obviously, I like what I like.  And I really like this Mint Sorbet polish.  I can see it easily playing the perfect complement to sun-kissed skin and it wears well to boot.  Soft and easy and very pretty.  #TWOMINTYTHUMBSUP!  

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear in Minty Sorbet is available at various drugstores, including drugstore.com and Target, and retails for around $2.50, depending on the outlet.   

No comments:

Post a Comment