Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday Flashback: Imaginary


Hey, guys!  While fumbling through my makeup stash the other day in prep for an impromptu eye look, I came across an oldie, but veritable goodie that I still had yet to crack open.  Literally.  *sigh*  Yes, I know, I know... but at least I've gotten a little better with this whole "holding on/delayed gratification" thing.  Well, haven't I?  *crickets*  Anywho, I do not recall exactly which of the many MAC collections this beauty hails from, but its gorgeous coloring has more than compelled me to take it from the "storage" to "usage" column ASAP!  So, without further ado, I'd like to take you on a trip down memory lane and re-introduce you to one of MAC's Paint Pots from yesteryear called Imaginary.




Imaginary is a potent hybrid of blackened navy and violet with a dose of purple pearl/shimmer added to its creamy mix.  It is a Paint Pot, which - for those unfamiliar - can be used as a base to boost and prolong the wear of powder eyeshadows or can be worn solo as an eyeshadow itself.  Although fit to act as a primer on many a person's lids, I always use a separate eye primer underneath to ensure crease-free rockability and have never had a problem when employing this one-two punch.  With Imaginary, the pigmentation runs deep and the texture is very smooth as it had no problems gliding across my skin then quickly drying down to a budge-free pearl finish when swatching.  And the color?  Whoa!  Ab fab, y'all!  AB FAB!  





I have a handful of MAC Paint Pots and think they are excellent products to have on hand.  Not only are they super convenient when in need of a dash of color, but they are dutiful bases and come in a wide variety of shades and finishes.  I really like them a lot and cannot wait to put Imaginary to the test and see what I come up with.  Ooh-wee!

In the meantime, if you happen to come across this limited edition baby at a CCO/Cosmetics Company Store (where they sell discontinued MAC items at a discount) and you're totally into blues/purples/violets then I highly suggest you pick this one up.  It's an undeniably lovely looker and you'll be mighty thankful for the second chance given to add this to your collection.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment