Friday, January 9, 2015

Primo Primer


OK... so I got a sample the other day that I'm really kinda excited to try out.  I have a good array of face primers in my cosmetic arsenal and probably won't have an open slot for another for a very long time; however, this little number is campaigning hard for a residency in my lineup.  Besides winning me over with their They're Real mascara, Benefit is a company I don't normally pay a lot of attention to.  But they've definitely garnered my "undivided" with this one.  It's their Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer and I'm liking the initial data I've gathered on it so far...


     





Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer is a makeup saving base from Benefit Cosmetics.  Housed in a twist-up tube complete with polka dot cap, the primer comes as a solid stick to be used directly on the face.  It boasts a maximum of fifteen hours' protection against the ravages of skin oils to help keep your foundation intact and looking flaw-free.


Although peach in color, it applies colorless and glides across the skin with minimum effort.  It felt good going on and I could immediately see its effects as it left a matte stripe down the back of my hand.  It has no discernible smell, left my skin feeling soft and lasted all day on my hand - even after having my hand through the loop of my dog's leash.


So there you have it!  Like I said earlier, all the initial data came back positive on this one.  Cute packaging aside, it seems to take its oil-fighting duties very seriously.  Of course, the back of my hand is nowhere as oil-active as my face, therefore, the real test still remains.  But it did stay put.  And just for reference, my skin type is considered "normal", but I get my fair share of shiny moments... especially when wearing my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.  So an update is definitely in the works for this soon.

Hopefully, there will be no breakouts where my face ends up looking like the cap on the tube.  But let's stay positive, shall we?  Yes, we shall...

**UPDATE: 2/13/15 -  Well, I have been using this primer off and on for a little over a month now and I'm happy to report that it hasn't broken me out or caused any type of dermal disturbance.  It did a good job in helping me maintain a close-to-matte finish throughout the day, however, I feel that its performance was pretty much on par with my other face primers.  I did notice that my smile lines were less prominent and didn't "crack" my foundation after various bouts of grinning and laughing like they usually do, so that was a plus... but not enough of a merit to warrant a purchase.  I'm so glad I had a chance to give it a go, though, and will happily finish the tube down to its last drop!  

Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer is available at Ulta and Sephora, and retails for $32/ 0.54 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment