Monday, January 12, 2015

La Petite Parfums


OK, I've got a confession to make, guys, so I'm just gonna jump right into it.  Like most people, I enjoy indulging in a little dab of perfume here and there.  It's the proverbial icing on the cake for me when it comes to finishing off an outfit.  I have my share of full-size bottles and an overrun of the tiny, tube-size testers, but I fear that I'm growing slightly obsessed with the "Tom Thumb" versions being offered by many fragrances... so much so that I'm starting to collect them.  Ughhhh... I know, I know!  I don't need to collect anything else!  But they're so darn cute, let alone convenient.  So, if you have a few minutes, I'd like to spill the beans and let you all in on what I've gathered thus far...


Simply packed in a velvet, drawstring pouch of light-blue, Beyond Paradise by Estée Lauder has been in my possession for a little while now.  I haven't worn it yet as it's not typically the type of scent I'm attracted to (heavily floral), but I do like it.  And I especially like the bottle: bulbous and colorful, it's a pint-sized Paradise that fits in the palm of your hand.

  

This diminutive gem was a more recent acquisition and a must-have for me since I am a fan of just about everything Burberry has to offer, including their scents.  I mean, they just get me, you know?  Not only does My Burberry smell great, but the packaging is too adorable!  The linen bow around its "neck" lends a perfect touch of softness to the angular bottle, which makes it one of my faves - aesthetically - in my collection so far.


 
Next up is one of two mini parfums I have from Guerlain.  First is the rose-colored La Petite Robe Noire, which comes housed in a bottle with an inverted heart-shaped top...

 

... and an oldie but goodie that really needs no introduction: Shalimar.  I remember my mom having a bottle of this sitting on her bureau years ago when I was a kid, along with a bottle of Jean Naté splash (anybody remember that?) and other smell-goods.  It's such a classic and the bottle, with its royal blue cap, is unforgettably gorgeous.



And last, but certainly not least, is the little mini-me that came as part of a fragrance set.  I have to tell you that when I first experienced for her by Narciso Rodriguez, I immediately swooned.  I. LOVE. THIS. SCENT!  Seriously, I went bonkers when I smelled it.  And my initial excitement when I received this as a gift gave way to total elation when I realized that there was another bottle, albeit smaller, of the scent included in the set.  I had a totally tote-able version of my beloved for her, which meant I could take her everywhere and never be without!   #TOTALLYWINNING!



So there you have it!  I have a young collection, but am looking to fill it out with more "nasal nectar"  whenever I get the chance.  I love how handy they are to have around.  Larger than the traditional sample tubes, they're a great way to try out new scents without fully committing and are super easy to travel with.  You know what it is, too?  I'm a sucker for miniatures.  Yep, it's true.  If it's small and/or a replica of something, packaged well and cute to boot - I'm all over it.

I just like to collect stuff.  I've gotten better, but I'm not fully cured.  Don't know if I'll ever be.  But admitting you have a problem is supposed to help with the process, so here I am... admitting once again that I have a huge problemo...

Hi, my name is Dolce.  And I like... no, LOVE collecting stuff.  And I don't know how to stop.  #HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment