Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Flashback: UD Book of Shadows III


Hey, guys!  Now I know most of you remember this one.  I got on the Urban Decay bandwagon kinda late and missed their first two Book palettes when they came out.  But upon hearing about its release and after seeing it firsthand, I was determined not to miss out on the third installment in the series - which is an awesome collection of gorgeous eyeshadows bound in a funky, "animated", visual ode to the great city of New York.  So, if you have a few moments, I'd like to take you down memory lane for a few and chit-chat about all the wonderfulness that is Urban Decay's Book of Shadows III.



Book of Shadows III is a robust assembly of products housed in two-tiered, black cardboard palette.  Lifting the lid of the palette reveals a pop-up diorama depicting New York City's landmarks as well as a cross section of some of the urbanites who dwell there.   Meanwhile, underneath is a pull out drawer where the shadows and all the other goodies are nestled.




In addition to its sixteen eyeshadows, it also includes two mid-size 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils and a mini UD Primer Potion.  All of the shadows are buttery smooth and potently pigmented.  While there is only one matte in the group, a black shadow called Perversion, the rest are pearls - with two flaunting the addition of glitter.  The Glide On eyeliners Ransom and Zero, true to their name, glide across the skin with ease while leaving an ample deposit of color.  The Primer Potion, although not my favorite eyeshadow primer, does a decent job of keeping shadows in place.


(L to R: Perversion, Uzi, Loaded, Kush)

(L to R: Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Last Call, Rockstar, Money)

(L to R: Money, Rockstar, Last Call, MCRA, Kush, Loaded, Uzi, Perversion)




(L to R: Haight, Maui Wowie, Smog, Bordello)

(L to R: Radium, Snatch, Suspect, Psychedelic Sister)

(L to R: Psychedelic Sister, Suspect, Snatch, Radium, Bordello, Smog, Maui Wowie, Haight)





I really like this palette and have yet to really take the colors for a spin, but I do have repeats of some of the shades in a few of my other UD palettes so I'm not hard pressed.  I heard that Urban Decay was coming out with a new Vice palette - Vice 3 - which is what prompted me to dust off my BoS III and give it a reminiscing glance over in the first place.  However, besides the original Naked palette, I think this will be my last large palette from UD... at least for a while.  I have my eyes on some other collections that'll be debuting soon and I'm eager to try more brands.  But I'm happy to have this Book of beauties in my possession, which I believe aptly showcases some of the very best shadows (color-wise) UD has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment