Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Body Double


Do you have a skincare regimen for your body?  I guess you can say that I do, however, it's really not all that involved or complex.  I don't have a laundry list of items nor do I have an elaborate routine, preferring instead to keep my skin's upkeep extremely lowkey with a short roster of only two products.  They're my personal dynamic duo to help ensure supple and moisturized skin all year 'round.  And if you have a moment, I'd love to share them with you.


I, like most, use an exfoliator to slough off dead skin cells and maintain a healthy glow.  The reigning staple in my routine for this assignment is Giovanni's Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub.  I touched on this one before in a prior post, but it bears mentioning again as it is totally ab fab!  A decadent mixture of brown sugar and cocoa beans, it's as much of a delight to the senses as it is to the skin... buffing it to brightness without being too harsh or abrasive to the body.  #LOVE




Now, I know a lot of people give petroleum jelly and just about anything containing petrolatum the "side-eye", but my skin absolutely adores it!  Watery lotions and mineral oil-based creams simply won't do.  Petroleum jelly has been in my arsenal for years and has never let me down.  My body yearns for it and I've never had an adverse reaction (i.e. bumps, rash, breakouts) to speak of.  I usually get the "plain" version, but opted for Vaseline's cocoa butter concoction on a whim - which I'm enjoying just as much.  It has a light, sweet scent that fades after application and is deftly moisturizing.  It's truly a pomade for the skin that gives it a dose of polish without feeling heavy, smothering or super greasy.  #LOVELOVE




So, there you have it... my one-two punch for soft, glowing, quenched skin no matter what the season.  It's pretty straight forward and simple; no bells and whistles really.   None required.  And when it comes to body/skincare, that's exactly how I like it.  #WINNING

Vaseline Cocoa Butter Petroleum Jelly and Giovanni Hot Chocolate Scrub are available at Target, Walmart and various other drugstores.  Prices vary depending on outlet; Vaseline retails for around $2.99 (7.5 oz) and Giovanni Scrub for around $14 (9 oz).

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ha! You should! It smells amazing and feels decadent on the skin... Trust me, you won't be disappointed. ;0)

      Delete