Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Un-Mellow Yellow - 60


I saw an awesome eye look the other day on Instagram that left me with a burning desire to recreate it.  The color combo, I thought, was a bit unusual - unexpected, I should say - and I don't know how the pairing would play out on my skin tone, but I'm still geeked to try it.  It incorporated a fair share of yellow into its design, which is a color I'm totally unafraid of... a color I absolutely can't wait to rock this summer... a color I happen to own an excellent rendition of and would love to tell you all about.  It's a groovy little number from Inglot: #60.




#60 is an unapologetic canary yellow.  It is bright and bold with goldish-yellow sparkles dispersed throughout the shadow.  However, these sparkles do not translate onto the eye at all, which may be a bummer for some, but doesn't bother me at all.  It is potently pigmented, buttery soft to the touch and performs like an ace - especially over top a color-enhancing white or yellow base, which really allows the canary yellow to "sing" on the eye.  It has a matte finish.




So, can you totally dig the sunshine vibes this yellow bird is sending out?  I can!  And I think I'm going to take it for a spin and give that eye look I mentioned earlier a go-go.  Hopefully, it'll be a Rembrandt success and look good on me.  But just know that if it turns out to be more Pollock in nature and things go left, I will NOT be posting the evidence!  Not happenin', cap'n!

In the meantime, if your interest in this eyeshadow has been piqued (even a tad) and you're drawn to vibrant hues, I urge you to check #60 out for yourself.  It's a high-flying yellow that hits all the right notes and definitely deserves a look-see!

Inglot #60 is available at Inglot boutiques and select Macy's, and retails for $7.

No comments:

Post a Comment