Friday, April 18, 2014

Hair Love: Phytocitrus


OK.  So, remember when I told you guys about me going to the store and re-upping on my beloved Phytojoba shampoo?  Well, when I got home, I was going through some stuff and just happened to come across sample packets of another poo and con duo from Phyto.  Now you know me and curiosity: once it takes hold, it's hard for me to shake it.  The conditioner had since coagulated and dried out, but the shampoo sample was still viable... so on my head it went.  And up swelled my love for yet another Phyto product.  It's a veritable bottle of sunshine for dull and fatigued tresses called Phytocitrus Color Protect Radiance Shampoo and it is ab fab!



Phytocitrus is a luxurious elixir specifically formulated to address the needs of color-treated and/or chemically processed hair.  In addition to sweet almond proteins for gentle cleansing, it is infused with grapefruit extract and sea buckthorn - a dynamic pairing that works to seal the cuticle to impart shine while locking in color to prevent premature fading.  And let me tell you... I can definitely testify to the former as my chemically-treated locks had incredible shine after bathing in it.  It has a delicate scent of citrus, but it's extremely light and doesn't linger post-wash.




Phytocitrus has a much thicker consistency compared to Phytojoba's runnier, milk-like formula.  Also, its bottle came equipped with a flip top lid and slightly narrower opening than my Phytojoba's all-access, screw-off top, easily affording the user a bit more control of the product.  But guess what?  I love them both!  Both have left my hair looking healthy and feeling pampered, so what's not to love? 

Phyto has hit it out the park with these two, but I'm really not surprised.  Maintaining a stable of stellar products seems to be the status quo for them, which leaves me anxiously chomping at the bit to try yet another goody from their ever-impressive lineup of haircare goodies.

Phyto Phytocitrus Color Protect Radiance Shampoo is available at select salons as well as Sephora, and retails for $19.

No comments:

Post a Comment