Friday, January 31, 2014

Smooth As Bamboo


Lord knows I don't need another oil or serum for my hair, but I've got a nice sized sample of one that will, no doubt, find its way onto my head.  Curiosity demands it.  And so I will prolly be trying it out very soon... like, within the next washing or so.  It's a paraben-free/sulfate-free smoothing oil from Alterna called Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist.


Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist is a versatile hair oil that can be used either as a nutrient-rich treatment for dry/split ends or as a shine-enhancing, heat protectant and styler.  Certified organic bamboo extract and kendi oil are the headliners of this lightweight concoction of nourishing fruit oils and frizz fighting silicones.  It is from Alterna's Bamboo Smooth line of hair products, which are specifically geared towards strengthening as well as refining the look of overworked, frazzled strands. 



I have to tell you that I did spray some of this on my hand just to see what it was hittin' for and it smells DEEE-LICIOUS!  It's a faint, tropical smell that's as light and airy as the actual mist that disperses from the bottle.  And the oil quickly faded as I rubbed it on the back of my hand, leaving no greasy residue or slickness or even an iota of shine on the skin at all.  Not sure how all that's going to translate on my hair, but I'm willing to give it a shot as a leave-in hair/scalp treatment for starters.  And, as always, I'll let you guys know how everything turns out!

Alterna Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Mist is available at Sephora, Ulta and beauty.com, and retails for $25/4.2 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment