Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year - 2014


Well, it's official.  The new year is finally here and I'm so glad we made it!  Woo-hoo!  And now the real work begins...

I'm not one for proclaiming lofty resolutions or grandiose plans at the dawn of every year, but I do have a certain mindset... a mantra, if you will, that I will be submitting to over the next 365 days.  It's one that I've adhered to for quite a while now and sums up a heap of would-be mantras in the process: live life while you're alive.  For me, this means to never nestle into a zone of comfort, but always be willing to try something new.  It also means to live fully by being present in your life, documenting the good and the bad while keeping fear from marring the whole experience. 

Faith and fear cannot occupy the same space at the same time; therefore, I must live a life of abundant faith.  Faith must govern my actions so that I can boldly go and do what others can't and don't.  Fear ardently suspends passion.  And without passion, dreams suffocate and die.  Faith propels, fear paralyzes.  Faith grants time and opportunity, fear is a thief of both.  Life is finite and I don't have time to mess around with "woulda", "coulda" and "shoulda".  I've got to eschew any semblance of fear, step out on faith as much as possible and live life while I'm alive!

2013 was good for me and to me.  I tried some new things, got rid of a lot of emotional baggage and gained tons of clarity in the process.  So, I'm going to keep that momentum going for 2014 and use my mantra as the perfect litmus to check myself against.  I can't afford to be stagnate and can't thrive on the mundane.  This year, I refuse to understand the word "no" when it comes to fulfilling my wildest dreams and will only continue to dream bigger.  I'm going to embrace the foreign and familiarize myself with the strange.  And then have the nerve to smile while doing it.  While I'm still breathing, talking and walking amongst the living, I am going to make good use of my time and live life while I'm alive!

Here's to a happy and prosperous new year for us all!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment