Monday, January 27, 2014

A Splash of Maple Syrup


Hey, guys!  You all know how much I love color, but I definitely have a fondness for some neutrals, especially groovy browns.  Well, I have a fantabulous brown I'd like to share with you if you have a moment to spare.  It's a loose mineral eyeshadow from LA Splash called Maple Syrup.




Maple Syrup is a deep, earthen brown with extra-fine gold shimmer.  Working its way up and through the small jar's pull-out sifter, it reminds me a lot of powdered cocoa both in color and texture.  The shadow is finely milled, soft to the touch and richly pigmented.




It's only after swatching it that the golden shimmer makes its presence known as it seems to shift the color slightly upwards to that of a more medium brown.

Maple Syrup blended (L), full swatch (R)
Besides rocking it on the eye, one could also successfully use it as a contouring bronzer as the color easily blends down to a virtually shimmer-free matte on the skin.  It's almost like you get two shades of brown in one, depending on how you work with it.  Pretty cool, huh?

So, with that being said, I think I'll be recruiting this little number for some eyeshadow and bronzing duties... as well as something else I have in mind.  I'm not going to say too much right now, but if it all works out I'll be sure to do an update.  But until then, if this cosmetic confection has in any way sweetened your interest then I think you should do yourself a favor and check it out.

LA Splash Maple Syrup is available at Ulta and retails for $8.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment