Monday, October 21, 2013

A Little Horse Raddish, Anyone?


NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils.  Do you use them?  I don't have many, but I do own a few.  Three, to be exact.  I own the ubiquitous Milk, Rust and this one, which I bought to help boost the color quotient of a tepid eyeshadow I was looking to rock.  And it did just that.  So, let's shoot the breeze for a moment and gab a tad about NYX's Jumbo Pencil in Horse Raddish.




Horse Raddish is a pearly, seafoam green.  It is a highly emollient, creamy pencil that can be used as an eyeliner and/or eyeshadow base.  When recruiting it for the latter, it is best to use a good primer underneath and blend well to prevent creasing.  Employing these practices when using this and other creamy bases has afforded me the luxury of crease-free lids for eight hours plus.






Because of its creamy texture, it moves very smoothly across the skin, depositing a liberal amount of color during application.  Again, underneath a proper primer and working in cahoots with a powder eyeshadow, I had no problems with the color fading or migrating at all.  And it's such a unique color to find as a base that I probably would have bought this regardless, wonky eyeshadow or not.

I've seen where people have been downright obsessed with these Jumbo Pencils and bought every color they ever made - the whole collection!  I'm not quite as devoted, however, I do find them handy.  And the spectrum of hues they cover can't be denied.  So, if you've never tried them, you may want to give them a once over.  They won't hurt your pocketbook and can certainly give your look a dose of intensity in the process.

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Horse Raddish is available at Ulta and various beauty supply stores, and retails for $4.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment