Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Eve Lom Cleanser


So here I go again, trying out something else new.  This sample facial cleanser has just been sitting around in my stash so I finally decided to break it open and see what it's all about.  Well, that was three days ago that I first started using it and I must say that it is very different from any other facial wash/cleanser I've ever been exposed to.  And that's part of its charm.  Let me bend your ear for a moment so I can tell you a little bit about the Eve Lom Cleanser.


I had never heard of Eve Lom nor her cleanser, but was intrigued by Vogue magazine's bold declaration of it being the "best cleanser in the world".   It's touted as performing the duties of three products as it not only cleans, but exfoliates and moisturizes all in one application.  And it comes with its own special setup and specific instructions to help fulfill such claims.


The sample came with a packet of the cleanser as well as a small muslin cloth to be used for the process.  I normally wash my face with only my hands, but was fully willing to implement the Eve Lom approach to skin care. 



The muslin cloth is about the size of my hand and is very light on the skin.  Its purpose is not only to help clean, but also to exfoliate and encourage blood circulation.



The cleanser is not your run-of-the-mill, lather & rinse type of fare as it comes with unique instructions that support optimal efficacy of the product.  In fact, it's not a bubbly, foaming cleanser at all, but rather a topical treatment that relies on a combination of hot and cold water applications to manipulate the pores as it cleans, tones and moisturizes.


Now I was really excited to put this product to work!  I mean, with such detailed instructions for a facial cleanser I naturally inferred that its ingredients must be pretty upper crust... that is, until I read the back and saw that the very first or primary ingredient listed is mineral oil!  WHY?!  Why would such a cheapo ingredient be included in a higher priced product such as this?  I sucked my teeth, but was determined to push on anyway.  Determined to continue with the trial sample, but keeping in mind this may not work out for me and my face.


The actual cleanser itself kinda reminded me of tapioca pudding upon first glance as it appeared to be somewhat thick and bumpy looking like it had small beads in it.  However, I believe it was just some of the oils that had naturally congealed as the heat from my finger (and later my face) changed it to a thinner consistency, causing the "beaded" oils to all but disappear.  Also, I found it to have a strange smell, which I attributed to the various oils it comprises.  It wasn't exactly off-putting, but it wasn't exceptionally pleasant either.  I don't know how to describe it other than it smells like a mixture of raw, natural oils.  It does eventually dissipate, but I thought it was worth noting for those who are extra sensitive to smells.

"Melted" cleanser
Well, like I stated earlier, I have been using the cleanser for about three days now and guess what?  I have had NO breakouts as of yet and my skin actually feels and looks great.  My face feels clean after using and moisturized once dried.  I've only been using it at night and refer back to my Boscia during the day, but I am very pleased with the results so far.  Won't be changing out my rock star lineup of products for this since it's a little on the pricier side and I'm not in the market for a new cleanser, but I am enjoying the sample, nonetheless. 

Best cleanser in the world?  Not too sure about that.  But it is (so far) a very, VERY good one indeed.

Eve Lom Cleanser can be found at beauty.com and comes in various sizes, including 1.6fl oz., which retails for $50.



No comments:

Post a Comment