Monday, April 8, 2013

Storage: My Lipsticks


Now that I've moved, I'm still squaring and organizing my whole set up.  I have all the components needed for my layout - some bought, some improvised and some a combination of both.  The container I'm currently using to store my lipsticks is a reflection of the latter.  It's nothing fancy, but it suits my needs and keeps my lippies in order.


I went into a Marshall's/T.J. Maxx discount department store a few years ago and found this little item in the kitchen/home section.  It's an acrylic container that I believe was originally designed to hold candies and small snacks.


The dish is divided into three parts and comes with a lid.  When I first saw it, I had no idea what I was going to use it for.  But I really liked it and knew that I could and would use it for something.


As soon as I got it home, a light bulb went off.  I grabbed a couple of lipsticks and they fit perfectly in each section.  Besides, it's clear acrylic which means I can easily view the names and colors without having to rifle through the entire stash to find what I want.  Boo-yah!



The container is able to house all of my lippies... for now.  I guess I'll have to rethink my storage once my collection expands and grows bigger, but it's been quite useful so far.  And it was only a couple of dollars!  You know Dolce just loves a bargain.

So the next time you see something in the store that catches your eye, but you're not sure how you would use it... get it.  Start thinking outside the box and use your creative juices to your advantage.  Not only could it save you some money, but you could end up with a customized layout that will ultimately be unique to only you and your tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment