Friday, April 5, 2013

Moving and Shaking


If you've read some of my previous posts, you know that I've been alluding to a wave of changes that were coming my way.  Some of these changes I've spoken into my life and, therefore, anticipated with great expectation while some I saw on the horizon and was steadying myself for.

Birthday Boy showed up bringing good tidings and mature, significant revelations that I may entertain for a little.  He is a blast from the past relationship-wise, but we've always had a great rapport which has kept the friendship constant.

And this week I moved.  And when I say "moved" I mean packing up all my fifty million pieces of crap from one place, loading it onto a truck, driving it over to another place and then unloading it.  Anyone who has ever moved knows that this can be an overwhelming pain in the butt.  And it certainly has been for me.  I HATE moving.  HATE IT!  Although I am hugely thankful for the help I received with my big ticket items, I still had to do a lot of back breaking work myself and I am suffering for it.  My hands look like they've been through a meat grinder.  I'm not kidding; I have cuts and bruises on both hands and all of my nails have broken off on my right hand.  And I don't mean chipped or simple breaks.  I'm talking about the painful breaks that occur right where the nail bed starts or lower.  Yeah, I've got three breaks like that and my fingertips are swollen from all the lifting and pushing, etc.  (I'm typing this with the two good fingers I've got left.)  Oh, and I'm exhausted so I hope this post is somewhat coherent.  My eyes keep rolling around in my head like loose marbles, but I still have so much to do.  I haven't tweeted a peep or even been online for that matter or even watched TV for almost the entire week.  Been way too busy and drained...

But I hope to have everything situated and properly arranged this weekend so I can be back in the flow of things for next week.  They say that you should be careful what you wish for because you just might get it... and, boy, did I.  It didn't appear in the package I had originally thought it would, but that's why they also say you must be specific in your wishing.  My original plan was to move to where I could dive right into the "big city" hustle, but that's not where I am.  And I think I'm OK with that... for now.  We'll see.  Right now, my task is to get fully settled in and totally acclimated to the "new normal".

No comments:

Post a Comment