Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Konnichiwa, Yachiyo!


Okay, so my b'day was last week and I decided to treat myself to something I've been eyeballing for a long time.  I was always hesitant to pull the trigger because I hadn't really had to make an investment into high-end brushes yet; the brushes I use are a collection of Sonia Kashuk, EcoTools and miscellaneous freebies that came in various palettes.  They had all worked fine for me with no problems... but I kept hearing so much about this darn brush!  And then this happened:


Umm, yeah.  My "cheapie" blush brush totally came apart.  So, I finally took the plunge and purchased NARS' Yachiyo Kabuki brush.



Yachiyo is part of NARS' Kabuki Artisan line of brushes, which is inspired by the traditional beauty rituals of Japanese Kabuki theater.  The brush comes wrapped in a plastic/cellophane sleeve that's securely tucked into a simple, black NARS box.



A diffusing dynamo by design, the tapered dome of super soft goat hairs aids in its efficacy in blending powder products.
Side view


Tail of brush is numbered "27"


Yachiyo is about the length of my hand from top to bottom.  The handle is wrapped in black wisteria.


The head is not large at all, which is perfect for applying product to the apples of the cheek.

All the positive reviews and charges of effortless application/blending of color had truly whet my appetite for this unique beauty and I can't wait to put it to use.  The NARS Yachiyo can be bought via their website or Beauty.com and retails for about $50.  Yes, the cost may be a little extravagant, but there's nothing wrong with a little luxury now and then.  Besides, the true value of a product is in its number of uses and I already KNOW this brush is going to outlast my broken "cheapie", which I had for a couple of years.  So... Sayonara, broken cheapie!  Konnichiwa, Yachiyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment